Teaching Jobs in ChinaWe are looking for enthusiastic ESL/ESOL/EFL teachers for China. As a trusted TEFL/TESOL accreditation body, ACCREDITAT (check us out at www.accreditat.com) has been asked to carry out the initial screening of potential ESL/ESOL/EFL Teachers for a long-established Chinese Recruitment firm. This is to help them recruit for numerous teaching posts throughout China, including Beijing and Shanghai, teaching children and young adults from ages 3-18 in public and private schools.
All the schools offering posts are licenced by SAFEA, the Chinese State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs.If they were not, then we would not get involved in this project.
Speaking from experience, it's a very rewarding experience teaching in China.
So what's on offer?
- A one year contract
- A salary ranging from 7000-10000RMB per month. The range of salary is due firstly to the role - whether you will be teaching in a kindergarten/primary school or whether you will be teaching in a secondary school. The salary will be higher in a secondary school as this will require a bachelor's degree or equivalent. Secondly, the range in salary reflects where you will be teaching, as Beijing and Shanghai posts include an accommodation supplement within the overall salary.
- FREE, clean accommodation with all the necessary requisites/equipment in all areas; most of the accommodation is modern. In Beijing and Shanghai, where good, clean accommodation with all the necessary requisites/equipment will still be secured for you, the accommodation supplement mentioned above will be put to assisting with your rent. The accommodation will likely be shared with other non-Chinese Teachers of English, which is good as you won't be sitting alone in your accommodation.
- A professional Chinese assistant team will support you in your daily life whilst you get settled.
- You will be provided with FREE Chinese lessons twice a week (if you wish), taught by a professional Chinese language teacher.
- Someone to meet you on your arrival.
- FREE medical insurance. (You may also wish to take out your own medical or travel insurance)
- FREE meals at lunchtime - on work days.
- An award of 6000RMB will be given to you at the end of your 1 year contract. If you wish to stay longer, we will give you the necessary help to secure another post but we cannot guarantee it will be in the same post as the school's needs may have changed by that time.
- We will support you in the initial visa/contract process and this will be followed up by our Chinese counterparts who will arrange all the additional visa completion which requires to be done in China. Note that the assistance given by ACCREDITAT and our Chinese counterparts is free of charge. We will also aim to help you with any other queries or questions you may have, wherever we possibly can, before you set off for China.
- Paid holidays. These vary a bit, so it's a bit of a guess. Normally around 2 months in the year. We will check these out for you before you sign the contract.
What do we need from you to secure a teaching post in China?
You may have thought we would put qualifications at the top of the list. No, we haven't. What we are looking for, in priority order, is as follows:
1. Native English speaker
Sorry, there's no leeway on this.
2. A clean police/criminal record
We will advise you how to apply for this, if you are unsure. There's no leeway on this either due to Chinese regulations.
3. A healthy disposition
You will need to have a medical exam. You may wish to get this in your own country but you can also have a medical exam once you arrive in China (this is likely to be cheaper). You need to decide. In any event, you need to have a medical exam.
4. Attitude and ethics
We are looking for Teachers who are enthusiastic and energetic and recognise that what they will be doing is, in some way, a privilege. We are looking for Teachers who are ethical and will strive to do their best for the Chinese children/young adults for the realistic salary they will be receiving and the unique experience they will be undergoing. Of course, we want you to have fun and travel around this unique country, but only after the work is done. The key reason we have been asked to help with this recruitment is that some previous teachers have failed to demonstrate some of these qualities.
We need to remember that you are not being asked to split the atom or work on some other gargantuan issue. Most of the students will be young and your role will simply be to get them to communicate in English bit by bit, through a range of communicative games, fun activities, songs, stories etc. Communicative activity is at the core of what you will do, not in-depth formal lessons centred on complex grammar and suchlike. As a result, we will consider all applicants who can offer us as much of the following as possible:
- A TEFL/TESOL qualification
- A bachelor's degree or college degree/diploma
- Any type of teaching experience. Note that this need not be formal classroom teaching - it could be work with young people in clubs, Scouts/Guides organisations, summer camps etc.
What is the process?
It's simple. The quicker you get all of these documents to us, the quicker we'll be able to process everything.
1. Send the following to email@example.com, with the email headed up: China Application-John Smith (for example):
- A short cover letter outlining why you think we should offer you a job
- Your current resume/CV
- A scanned passport size up-to-date photo
- Scanned copies of your teaching certificate and college/university degree, where applicable
- Scanned copy of your picture page from your passport
2. We will contact you by email, telling you whether or not we wish to proceed further.
3. If we wish to proceed further, we will set up a short skype call with you.
4. Assuming all is OK, we will recommend you for a teaching role to our Chinese counterparts who will pick it up swiftly from there. This may involve another short skype call from them. We will also pass on all the documentation you have sent us. We do not hold any of your personal information on file.
Waiting to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org..........